>> Welcome to the Jaffray Centre
The Jaffray Centre is an integration point for global initiatives at Ambrose University. A combination incubator/greenhouse of sorts where new ideas, collaborative initiatives and fresh ways of looking at God’s global mission are nurtured. The Jaffray Centre is made up of people like you and me who want to engage the world around them in new and meaningful ways. Through collaborative project development, training and research projects, the Jaffray Centre seeks to rekindle and ignite a passion for God’s unending concern for people.
Diaspora . . .
= scattered; peoples dispersed from their homeland. Did you know that there are millions of people who are in this category?
Our Migrant Savior: a simple diaspora-focused prayer guide for Advent
Canadian Missiological Resources - a new website
- developed to facilitate thoughtful and rigorous Canadian mission studies
- a collaborative web-based research directory and guide
- Letter of introduction
- See other resources
angExchange - Ang International Education Exchange
The angExchange initiative provides opportunities for globalizing the teaching and learning experience by building into educational initiatives in the majority world. This February will see three instructors go to Davao, Philippines to teach the following modules:
- Dialogue Evangelism Lectureship – Joel Van Hoogen
- Church Planting Movements Course – Joel Van Hoogen, Charles Cook
- Youth Ministries Lectureship – Tim Moore
- Discipleship Essentials Lectureship – Charles Cook
Up to 500 participants from across the globe representing leaders from various organizations—missions scholars, seminary presidents, professors, field practitioners as well as denominational leaders — will join together to explore ways to bring about Diaspora Church Growth in the practice of Diaspora Missiology. GDF2015 will be held in Manila come March 24-27, 2015. Find out more here.
KAIROS - a 9-session interactive course on world Christian mission – coming May 4-8 at Ambrose University
- is designed to educate, inspire and challenge Christians to active and meaningful participation in the world.
- can be taken for credit at Ambrose (Contact us)
- Register for May module
Click here for more information
15 Head Facilitators trained for Kairos Canada . . . (Read more)
Save the date! Saturday, May 23, 2015
Helping Without Hurting — could our aid be hindering the poor?
- a one day conference in Calgary
- Find out more
- Interested in taking this for credit at Ambrose University? Contact us.
keeperCare – Save the Date!
June 12-13, 2015 - The Jaffray Centre will host the 4th keeperCare Symposium at Ambrose University. If vocational resilience and the development of a caring community for global workers (member care) is of concern to you, please plan to join us as we explore themes around developing a theology of risk.
Questions? Contact us.